3 hrs 10 mins
These take only minutes to prepare on your food processor, better make a ton of these buttery thin crackers, I assure you they won't even make it to the freezer lol! The dough can be frozen the wrapped tightly in plastic wrap then in foil and frozen for up to 3 months. The garlic powder is optional, if you are a garlic-lover then add it in!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter, softened (no substitutes)
- 3/4 lb grated old cheddar cheese
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3 teaspoons coarse black pepper (can use more or less)
- 1/2-1 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon salt (can use slightly less salt if desired)
- kosher salt (optional)
- 1In a food processor blend the softened butter with shredded cheese, egg yolk, black pepper and garlic powder (if using) process until smooth; add in flour, dried mustard powder, and salt; process until just combined.
- 2Place the dough onto a clean work surface.
- 3Divide into three potions.
- 4Transfer each section to wax paper and shape each section into about 7-inch logs, about 1-1/2 inch thick.
- 5Chill the logs until very firm (about 3 hours).
- 6At this point you can place the logs on flat sheet and freeze until firm, wrap in plastic wrap then tightly in foil and freeze up to 3 months.
- 7Set oven to 350 degrees (rack set to middle position).
- 8Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.Slice the cold dough into about 1/8-inch thick.
- 9Arrange each slice on baking sheet 1-inch apart.
- 10Sprinkle very lightly with kosher salt if desired.
- 11Bake for 10-12 minutes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Make-Ahead Buttery Cheese Black Pepper Cracker Crisps
Serving Size: 1 (614 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 909.1
- Calories from Fat 635
- Total Fat 70.6 g
- Saturated Fat 44.0 g
- Cholesterol 270.4 mg
- Sodium 1702.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 34.2 g