Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
One of our favourite weekend meals
- 473.18 ml white bread, cubed
- 56.69 g cheddar cheese, shredded
- 56.69 g swiss cheese, shredded
- 28.34 g green onion, chopped
- 28.34 g green pepper, diced
- 56.69 g tomatoes, seeded & diced
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 473.18 ml milk
- 7.39 ml parsley, chopped
- 2.46 ml dry mustard
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 226.79 g bacon, fried & crumbled
- Generously grease 13 x 9 pan.
- Arrange bread cubes in bottom of dish.
- Layer cheese, green onions, green pepper, mushrooms and tomatoes on top of bread.
- In large bowl, combine eggs, milk, and seasonings; mix well.
- Pour egg mixture over bread, and sprinkle bacon evenly over top.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Heat oven to 325F degrees.
- Bake uncovered 50 to 60 minutes or until center is set.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
I followed Bergy's advice on cutting back the milk, but it still came out a little too soggy. And it tasted pretty bland to me.
So easy and so good - the only thing I changed (believe it or not Miller) was to cup back the milk to 1 1/2 cups. and I sprinkled the bacon on the casserole just before putting it in the oven Wonderful to get it ready in the evening and then just pop it in for brunch. I served this one dish meal with fresh fruit salad for starters, home pan fried potatoes, fresh scones, homemade strawberry jam and Tim Hortons coffee - no complaints from any one. This dish is really a whole meal and you do not need to serve anything along with it Thanks Miller