Recipe by Tish
I modified this from the Kraft site years ago...we use whatever is on hand at the time...get it ready the night before and have ready before or after church. This is a really versatile recipe that can take many variations. I will include the ones we have made
- 1 (6 ounce) packageflavored seasoned stuffing mix (pork, chicken, cornbread or rice is ok)
- 2 cups cooked ground beef (optional)
- 2 cups cooked ground sausage (optional)
- 2 cups ham, chopped (optional)
- 2 cups corn (optional)
- 2 cups tomatoes, deseeded,chopped (optional)
- 2 cups broccoli florets (optional)
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 2 cups chopped red peppers or 2 cups yellow peppers or 2 cups green peppers (optional)
- 2 cups peas (optional)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Place your meat choice, 2 cups vegetables choice, 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese and 1 pkg stuffing mix in a 9" baking dish.
- Beat eggs and milk with wire whisk until well blended.
- Pour over ingredients in baking dish.
- Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes or overnight.
- Bake uncovered at 375F for 1 hour or until center is set.
- Top with additional 1/2 cup cheese and continue to bake until cheese is melted.