I started experimenting with breakfast ideas for my husband who is too busy at work to sit down for long to eat. The seasonings, cheese, meat and bread I have listed are just suggestions (my husband's preference). Add veggies if you like! The possibilities are endless! If you want to cut down on the meat and save some money, replace part of the sausage with textured vegetable protein. It will take on the flavor of the sausage and make it a little lower in fat. Just follow the directions on the TVP package to prepare. TVP is usually in the health food section at the store.
- Bake biscuits according to package directions.
- While biscuits are baking start browning sausage.
- In a mixing bowl combine eggs dry mustard and pepper.
- Add egg mixture to the browned sausage and cook until eggs are done.
- After biscuits have cooled cut them in half and spread with butter.
- Sprinkle buttered biscuits with garlic salt (DON'T add the salt to the eggs while they are cooking, the salt will make the eggs rubbery).
- Cut cheddar cheese slices into fourths.
- Put one fourth of cheese slice on bottom half of biscuit.
- Spoon a small amount of cooked egg and sausage mixture onto the bottom half of each biscuit (on top of cheese).
- Place another fourth of a cheese slice on top of the egg and sausage mixture (putting the cheese on this way "glues" the sandwich together when it is reheated).
- Place top of biscuit onto sandwich.
- Wrap each sandwich in wax paper and put them in large freezer bags.
- Place them in the freezer.
- To reheat, leave sandwich in wax paper and microwave on high for approximately one minute to a minute and a half.