1/2 Photos of Make Ahead Breakfast Sandwiches
I started experimenting with breakfast ideas for my husband who is too busy at work to sit down for long to eat. The seasonings, cheese, meat and bread I have listed are just suggestions (my husband's preference). Add veggies if you like! The possibilities are endless! If you want to cut down on the meat and save some money, replace part of the sausage with textured vegetable protein. It will take on the flavor of the sausage and make it a little lower in fat. Just follow the directions on the TVP package to prepare. TVP is usually in the health food section at the store.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bake biscuits according to package directions.
- 2While biscuits are baking start browning sausage.
- 3In a mixing bowl combine eggs dry mustard and pepper.
- 4Add egg mixture to the browned sausage and cook until eggs are done.
- 5After biscuits have cooled cut them in half and spread with butter.
- 6Sprinkle buttered biscuits with garlic salt (DON'T add the salt to the eggs while they are cooking, the salt will make the eggs rubbery).
- 7Cut cheddar cheese slices into fourths.
- 8Put one fourth of cheese slice on bottom half of biscuit.
- 9Spoon a small amount of cooked egg and sausage mixture onto the bottom half of each biscuit (on top of cheese).
- 10Place another fourth of a cheese slice on top of the egg and sausage mixture (putting the cheese on this way "glues" the sandwich together when it is reheated).
- 11Place top of biscuit onto sandwich.
- 12Wrap each sandwich in wax paper and put them in large freezer bags.
- 13Place them in the freezer.
- 14To reheat, leave sandwich in wax paper and microwave on high for approximately one minute to a minute and a half.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Make Ahead Breakfast Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (4210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 374.0
- Calories from Fat 207
- Total Fat 23.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 151.9 mg
- Sodium 890.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 15.5 g