Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Prepared ahead, this recipe will please a crowd or a large family gathering. It comes from a news group to which I belong; it offers a variety of food entrees and tastes good, too!
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage
- 10 cups fresh bread, cut into cubes
- 10 ounces chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 4 ounces mushrooms, drained
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Brown sausage; drain.
- Add bread cubes, broccoli, mushrooms and cheese; mix lightly.
- Spoon into 13 x 9 baking dish.
- Pour combined eggs, milk, dressing, flour and seasonings over bread mixture; cover.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Bake, uncovered, 1 hour.