Chandra M's Note:
*All measurements are approximate; adjust according to your preferences. You can also add chopped jalapenos or a can of chopped green chili if you want spicier burritos. Do not heat the wrapped burrito in a plastic bag-the paper towel will molecularly bond with the burrito :) Also do not let the burrito sit for too long once heated as the paper towel will be difficult to remove.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb turkey chorizo
- 1 (12 ounce) package turkey bacon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced (or to taste)
- 1 (16 ounce) package o'brien frozen potatoes
- 8 ounces bell peppers, strips (frozen ones work just fine)
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 (12 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 12 eggs
- 1/8 cup milk
- salt & pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) jar salsa (or to taste)
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese (any type you like, I used cheddar or MoJack blend)
- 24 wheat flour tortillas (can vary depending on how much filling you put in each)
- 1Remove chorizo from casing & crumble into frying pan (should resemble hamburger texture when cooked).
- 2Cook until done/browned.
- 3Remove from pan & set aside.
- 4Cook bacon until crisp, set on paper towel to drain excess fat.
- 5When cool, crumble bacon & set aside.
- 6There should be very little grease left in pan, add enough olive oil to get to about 2 tablespoons
- 7Add onions & cook until translucent.
- 8Add garlic & potatoes to the onions.
- 9Cook until potatoes are to your desired crispness. (It may be necessary to add more oil during cooking, but be careful as too much will make the potatoes soggy.).
- 10Mix the pepper strips, corn, and black beans into the potatoes.
- 11Heat until they are no longer frozen. Set pan aside.
- 12Beat eggs, splash of milk, salt, and pepper in a bowl until mixed well.
- 13In non-stick pan, scramble eggs until dry.
- 14In a large bowl or one of the pans, whatever will hold everything , combine the potato mixture, chorizo, bacon, and eggs.
- 15Prepare a large cookie sheet (but small enough to fit in the freezer), by lining it with waxed paper to prevent the burritos from sticking.
- 16Take about 3 soup spoonfuls of mixture and spread along the middle of the tortilla.
- 17Take care not to get it too close to the ends.
- 18Spoon some salsa along the filling.
- 19Top with cheese.
- 20Fold one side over & roll.
- 21Set on cookie sheet.
- 22When the cookie sheet is full, place in freezer until the burritos are frozen (at least 3 hours).
- 23Take out of freezer; wrap each burrito in a paper towel.
- 24Place wrapped burritos in a zip lock bag in the freezer.
- 25To re-heat, place frozen burrito in the microwave (in the paper towel) for 2-3 minutes until hot.
- 26Let set for one minute before eating.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Make Ahead Breakfast Burritos (Oamc)
Serving Size: 1 (157 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 295.4
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 138.4 mg
- Sodium 615.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 14.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: