Recipe by Little Bee
These are so good and easy! Much better than you will get at McDonalds. I make these on Sunday and freeze them so we can have breakfst to go all week!
Top Review by PaulaG
I made these and put them in the freezer for DD and SIL. They loved them! After defrosting them in the microwave, they popped them into the toaster oven and lightly toasted them giving them a nice crunch. The recipe is super easy and I used a very lean bulk sausage which produced virtually no grease, the onions were added when the sausage was almost done and the eggs were beaten and poured into the pan on top of the cooked sausage. These are something I would make again.
- 453.59 g lean sausage meat
- 6-8 eggs, depending on size eggs
- 14.79 ml minced onion
- 59.14 ml picante sauce
- 113.39 g monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 12 flour tortillas
- 0.25 ml salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a non-stick skillet with vegetable oil. Crumble sausage and
- brown slowly. Drain in white paper towels. Wipe grease from skillet
- with paper towels, leaving a thin layer of oil.
- Beat eggs with minced onion and picante sauce.Scramble eggs in skillet until done.
- Toss sausage, eggs and cheese together. Spoon into tortillas and wrap, folding sides to middle and then rolling to make burrito. Can be frozen.*
- Freeze ahead directions:.
- Place on parchment paper-lined cookie sheets; freeze until solid.
- Then wrap individually in paper towels, and package in zipper-lock freezer bags.
- When ready to use remove burrito from Ziploc and microwave burrito in paper towel 2-3 minutes or until hot.