Recipe by TGirl,RN
Take the stress out of your morning-make this at night and pop it into the oven when you wake up! I did not include the overnight refrigeration in the prep/cook time.
Top Review by Jellyqueen
I made this recipe a good while back and somehow missed reviewing it. It is a wonderful recipe. I love the recipes that you can make the night before and just pop in the oven the next morning. Since it is just the 2 of us, this is a easy recipe to scale down to feed two. Thanks for the great recipe.
- 1 lb sausage (hot or mild)
- 6 slices bread, cubed
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown sausage in skillet and drain well.
- Grease 13 X 9 inch casserole dish.
- Line dish with bread, then top with cheese and sausage.
- In bowl, combine eggs, milk, and seasonings.
- Beat well and pour into casserole.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, bake casserole at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.