Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is awesome. I got this recipe from my boss. It can be kept in the fridge for up to 6 weeks. So you can scoop out a couple muffins each morning and add what ever you want to them... like carrots or bananas... or whatever. And this recipe makes 5 dozen muffins. I love this idea! I made this with All Bran Cereal
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups shredded whole all-bran cereal
- 5 cups flour
- 5 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1 quart low-fat buttermilk
- 4 cups bran buds (Kellogg's All Bran preferred)
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Preheat oven to 400F and lightly grease muffin pans or line with cupcake papers.
- Pour boiling water over shredded whole bran cereal and set aside.
- Sift together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Cream together sugar margarine and egg substitute until fluffy.
- Blend in buttermilk bran cereal buds and soaked cereal.
- stir in dry ingredients.
- Store in a tightly covered container in the fridge.
- To make muffins -- don't stir the batter.
- fill prepared muffin cups 2/3 full and bake for 20 minutes.