Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I found this recipe on a make ahead site and it really sounds easy for a main dish for a brunch or lunch. This would be wonderful with bacon and fresh fruit on the side.
- 12 eggs, hard cooked and quartered
- 7 tablespoons butter, separated
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 3 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pimento pepper
- 1⁄3 cup saltine crackers, crushed
- Cut the hard cooked eggs in quarters lengthwise and arrange in 11x7x2" baking dish.
- In a saucepan, melt 6 Tbs butter. Blend all-purpose flour, salt, pepper, thyme and rosemary. Add milk slowly, cooking and stirring until thick and bubbly.
- Stir in Blue Cheese, chopped celery, chopped pimiento. Pour sauce over eggs.
- Cover refrigerate up to 24 hours.
- Toss crushed saltine crackers crumbs with 1 tablespoon melted butter. Wrap and chill.
- Bake at 375F for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with crumbs.
- Bake until heated through, about 15 minutes more.