1/1 Photo of Make Ahead Biscuits
Make some tonight and freeze the rest unbaked ready to bake fresh for a quick meal. Wonderful with your favorite soup!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix dry ingredients. (You may use some whole wheat flour in place of white flour.).
- 2Cut in the shortening with a pastry blender or knives.
- 3Dissolve the yeast in the warm water.
- 4Add buttermilk and yeast mixture to the dry ingredients and stir to blend.
- 5Bring dough together on a floured surface and kneed lightly. (No more than 12 times - this is the key to keeping the biscuits light.).
- 6Roll or pat to 1/2 inch thick.
- 7Cut into 3 dozen biscuits.
- 8Bake at 450 for 10 - 12 minutes.
- 9Alternately, place unbaked biscuits on a parchment paper covered baking sheet. Freeze until solid. Store in freezer bags. When you want to use them, remove from freezer and allow to defrost on a baking sheet before baking at 450 for 10 - 12 minutes.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Make Ahead Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (128 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 402.0
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 1.6 mg
- Sodium 442.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 8.0 g