Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
You don't have time, just got home from work and scratching your head. Sound familiar? Make these ahead and freeze, then all you need to do is make the gravy recipe.
- 907.18 g lean ground beef or 907.18 g ground turkey
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 ice cubes
- 4.92 ml lemon juice
- 9.85 ml liquid smoke
- 4.92 ml salt or 4.92 ml salt substitute
- 2.46 ml white pepper
- 44.37-59.16 ml barbecue sauce, any flavor
- oil or Pam cooking spray
- 304.75 g can cream of mushroom soup
- 59.14 ml cold water
- 1.23 ml garlic salt
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- In stainless steel mixing bowl, add ice cubes, lemon juice, liquid smoke, salt and pepper. Stir until cubes and spices dissolved. Add barbecue sauce.
- In another large mixing bowl, add meat and.
- beaten egg. Mix with hands.
- Pour half of the spice mixture into the meat; mix well.
- Pour the other half of the mixture into the meat.
- Form into patties.
- Brush the grill, frying pan with oil.
- (I use a grill frying pan that has holes in the bottom of the pan and designed for outdoor cooking).
- Turn to medium heat and grill or fry, turning after 6 minutes.
- Spray more oil or Pam if needed.
- Cool and freeze.
- Microwave on 50% to thaw.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spray Pam in the dish.
- In glass dish, place the cooked patties, then add mixed mushroom soup, water, garlic salt and sour cream. Cover.
- Bake 35 to 45 minutes. Turn patties over in the gravy before serving.
- Serve with rice or potatoes.