Recipe by Poor Chef
this recipe was found online but did not prove nutrition facts so I'm posting it here to obtain that information.
Top Review by Island Girl 525
These are delicious!! I didn't have applesauce, so I just chopped up one apple and microwaved it with cinnamon for about 5 minutes until soft. I also used less sugar- about 1/2 cup. I had three overripe bananas, so I used them all. These turned out perfect. I can't wait to have them with coffee in the morning. Thanks for posting!
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats (not instant)
- 1 cup raisins (or dried cranberries, or chocolate chips)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- With an electric mixer, beat the peanut butter and applesauce until combined. Beat in the brown sugar. Add egg and vanilla, beating until mixed. Stir in the bananas, baking soda and salt.
- Add the flour and wheat germ, mixing until combined. Stir in the oatmeal and raisins.
- Drop ¼-cup dollops of batter four inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Press down slightly with the palm of your hand to flatten into three-inch rounds.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the edges are browned. Let stand 1 minute on the tray, then remove to a wire rack.