1/1 Photo of Make Ahead Bacon and Cheddar Stuffed Mushrooms
I was looking for make ahead appetizer for the holidays and found this one. It's hard enough during those times to get the "meal" on the table. I thought I'd make it a bit easier on the appetizers!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place bacon in a large, deep skillet.
- 2Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown.
- 3Drain, dice and set aside.
- 4Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 5Remove mushroom stems.
- 6Set aside caps.
- 7Chop the stems.
- 8In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter.
- 9Slowly cook and stir the chopped stems and onion until the onion is soft.
- 10Remove from heat.
- 11In a medium bowl, stir together the mushroom stem mixture, bacon and 1 cup Cheddar.
- 12Mix well and scoop the mixture into the mushroom caps.
- 13Bake in the preheated oven 15 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
- 14Remove the mushrooms from the oven, and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- 15Put into the oven for a couple of seconds to melt if desired.
- 16To freeze: Flash freeze them before baking in the oven.
- 17A freezer bag would work great for storing these.
- 18Let defrost and then add cheese and bake in oven for 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Make Ahead Bacon and Cheddar Stuffed Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (586 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 139.9
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 24.5 mg
- Sodium 201.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 6.4 g