Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From the Minnesota Scandinavian chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947
- 226.79 g package elbow macaroni
- 118.29 ml French dressing (French Dressing (Not Catalina Style) or your own recipe)
- 2 apples, cored and diced
- 29.58 ml lemon juice (fresh is best)
- 1 onion, minced
- 236.59 ml mayonnaise (use a good quality, such as Hellmanns)
- paprika, for garnish
- Cook macaroni in boiling salted water until al dente; drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process; drain very well.
- When cold, add french dressing and chill in the refrigerator for two hours.
- Add lemon juice to apples to prevent browning.
- Add apple, minced onion and salad dressing; sprinkle lightly with paprika.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.