Recipe by mollypaul
From the Minnesota Scandinavian chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947
- 1 (8 ounce) package elbow macaroni
- 1⁄2 cup French dressing (French Dressing (Not Catalina Style) or your own recipe)
- 2 apples, cored and diced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (fresh is best)
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 cup mayonnaise (use a good quality, such as Hellmanns)
- paprika, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook macaroni in boiling salted water until al dente; drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process; drain very well.
- When cold, add french dressing and chill in the refrigerator for two hours.
- Add lemon juice to apples to prevent browning.
- Add apple, minced onion and salad dressing; sprinkle lightly with paprika.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.