Makaronia Pastitsio (Greek Creamed Macaroni and Cheese)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large pot, bring water and salt to a rapid boil; add macaroni.
- Stir a few times with a fork; boil macaroni until al dente according to package directions (7-9 minutes).
- Drain macaroni well and return to pot.
- Mix oregano, garlic powder and flour into melted butter.
- Stir butter into pasta, cover, and keep warm.
- Beat eggs until frothy.
- Add pepper, cinnamon, and milk, and beat until well mixed.
- Place half of the macaroni in a 9x12-inch baking pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Cover macaroni with 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Add another layer of macaroni.
- Gently pour egg/milk mixture over macaroni, making sure macaroni is well covered.
- On top of this add a thick layer of cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until top is bubbly and light brown.