Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a great tasting cheese ball that is very simple and easy to prepare! Requires several hours chilling-- so plan ahead. Serve with assorted crackers or crusty bread, add a nice bottle of wine and grapes for a party or tucked into the picnic hamper. From Taste of Home.
- 1 (9 ounce) jarcrosse & blackwell major grey's chutney (or your favorite chutney)
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dried cherries (tart or sweet)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- assorted cracker, fruits and vegetables
- In a bowl, combine chutney, cream cheese and cherries.
- Chill until firm.
- Shape into a ball and roll in pecans.
- Serve with assorted crackers, fruits and vegetables.
- Yield: 1 cheese ball.
I made this cheese ball for Christmas Eve using Stonewall Kitchen's Major Grey's chutney and we LOVED it. I made it with the brand noted in the recipe for New Years Eve and threw it out. There is no way to tell you the difference except to say "Try it." We love this recipe, but use the much higher quality Stonewall Kitchen's chutney.