Recipe by SuzyQ in Seattle
This recipe comes from an Indian restaurant called Shamiana. They were gracious enough to give out the recipe! It's such a simple recipe but tastes great - making it at home is a good as having it in the restaurant! The Major Grey Mango Chutney can be purchased at most grocery stores.
Top Review by Central Oregon Foodie
Awesome! I recently moved to Oregon from the Seattle area and this recipe is from my favorite restaurant. Exactly as served at Shamiana. Thank you SuzyQ. I literally googled this recipe thinking there was no way it would pop up! Excellent, delicious sweet Indian curry recipe.
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced thinly
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup curry powder
- 1 cup major grey mango chutney, pureed
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- 1 pinch salt
- green onion, chopped, tops only, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry onion in oil until translucent but not brown. Whisk in curry powder. Cook for 2 minutes. Whisk in pureed chutney and the cream. Add salt to taste.
- Saute sliced chicken breast in a small amount of oil until cooked halfway through, about 3 minutes. Add sauce and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes. Garnish with green onions and serve.
- This is great served over jasmine or basmati rice.