Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Steve Conn and Colerain Firefighters Local 3915
- 1 lb bacon, diced into 1-inch pieces
- 2 lbs pork sausage
- 3 lbs ground beef
- 4 jalapeno peppers, coarsely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 (28 ounce) cans chili beans
- 2 (15 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 3 lbs onions, finely chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons red chili powder
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup ketchup (recommended -- Heinz Kickin' Hot Ketchup)
- 4 dashes hot sauce
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- In a large frying pan, cook bacon until crispy; drain and add to a large pot.
- Then brown the sausage in the frying pan; drain and add to pot with bacon.
- Then brown the ground beef; drain and add to the pot with the other meats.
- Add all the remaining ingredients to the pot, and simmer for 4 to 6 hours for best results.
I used grass fed meat and omitted the sugar.....it was awesome!!!!!! Great on a football Saturday with beer bread!