1/1 Photo of Majarete - corn pudding dessert
Aunt Clara's Note:
This was a very old recipe request that just came back to light again. It looks great. The recipe comes from the Dominican Republic and was originally published at http://www.dominicancooking.com . Cook time & chill time are combined.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Scrape off the grains from the cobs using a knife.
- 2Mix all the ingredients (except the cinnamon powder) and blend.
- 3Pass the mixture through a strain and reserve (it should have a milky consistency).
- 4Put it in a pot and cook at medium heat, stirring constantly to avoid sticking.
- 5When it becomes thick turn off the heat.
- 6Serve immediately in small bowls sprinkling the top with the cinnamon powder.
- 7Let cool to room temperature, then put it in the refrigerator for 15 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Majarete - corn pudding dessert
Serving Size: 1 (531 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 585.3
- Calories from Fat 304
- Total Fat 33.8 g
- Saturated Fat 26.1 g
- Cholesterol 24.4 mg
- Sodium 160.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 42.7 g
- Protein 14.0 g