This is a Filipino dessert for all occasions. Its cheap, easy to make, and when cooked right...really creamy and tasty. Its main ingredients are coconut milk and cornstarch. I usually get my own coconut milk from the actual fruit and not from store-bought canned coconut milk.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11. Cook 4 cups of coconut milk in a casserole at low heat.
- 22. Mix the cornstarch and sugar into a bowl with the fresh milk and stir until the cornstarch and sugar is dissolved.
- 33. When the coconut milk is heated, mix in the cornstarch, sugar, milk mixture.
- 44. Add the butter and corn kernel.
- 55. Constantly stir all the ingredients in low heat (this is important! you don't want them to cook in clumps).
- 66. You will know that the maja blanca is already cooked when it is pasty and there is no grainy feeling on your palate once you taste it.
- 77. Transfer the mixture into a flat glass container.
- 88. Grate cheese on top of the maja blanca and place inside the fridge. It's tastier when its served cool.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maja Blanca (Sweet Coconut Pudding)
Serving Size: 1 (192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 880.0
- Calories from Fat 323
- Total Fat 35.9 g
- Saturated Fat 30.2 g
- Cholesterol 41.6 mg
- Sodium 123.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 137.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 116.8 g
- Protein 5.6 g