Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a Filipino dessert for all occasions. Its cheap, easy to make, and when cooked right...really creamy and tasty. Its main ingredients are coconut milk and cornstarch. I usually get my own coconut milk from the actual fruit and not from store-bought canned coconut milk.
- 4 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup white sugar or 1 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup condensed milk
- 3⁄4 cup fresh milk
- 3⁄4 cup all purpose cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup corn kernel
- 1. Cook 4 cups of coconut milk in a casserole at low heat.
- 2. Mix the cornstarch and sugar into a bowl with the fresh milk and stir until the cornstarch and sugar is dissolved.
- 3. When the coconut milk is heated, mix in the cornstarch, sugar, milk mixture.
- 4. Add the butter and corn kernel.
- 5. Constantly stir all the ingredients in low heat (this is important! you don't want them to cook in clumps).
- 6. You will know that the maja blanca is already cooked when it is pasty and there is no grainy feeling on your palate once you taste it.
- 7. Transfer the mixture into a flat glass container.
- 8. Grate cheese on top of the maja blanca and place inside the fridge. It's tastier when its served cool.