Chef #1488745's Note:
One of the all-time favorite dessert in the Philippines. :) Always a hit in fiestas and all other festivities and parties!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (400 ml) cans coconut milk (or 4 c Coconut Milk)
- 1 (398 ml) can sweetened condensed milk (398mL=14oz.)
- 1 cup white sugar (about less than 3/4 c will do fine,but if you want it sweeter use the 1 c)
- 1 cup fresh milk or 1 cup water
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup drained corn kernel (optional)
- 1In a large sauce pan, bring the coconut milk to a soft boil over medium heat.
- 2When the coconut milk is starting to boil, add the condensed milk and sugar. Stir the mixture until it is well blended. Let it simmer for about 8-10 minutes.
- 3In a separate bowl, mix the fresh milk and cornstarch together. Stir until the milk and cornstarch are well blended.
- 4After 8-10 minutes of simmering,slowly add the cornstarch mixture to the coconut milk mixture while continuously stirring the mixture.
- 5When it is well blended,add the corn kernels, if desired.
- 6Continue to stir the mixture over medium heat until you reach your desired consistency.
- 7Pour in to an aluminum tray or any container of your choice. Greasing the container slightly with butter is optional.
- 8Top it with coconut flakes.
- 9Let it cool for at least an hour before slicing.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maja Blanca (Creamy Milk Pudding)
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 381.6
- Calories from Fat 168
- Total Fat 18.7 g
- Saturated Fat 15.4 g
- Cholesterol 16.6 mg
- Sodium 71.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 38.7 g
- Protein 5.2 g