Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
One of the all-time favorite dessert in the Philippines. :) Always a hit in fiestas and all other festivities and parties!
- 2 (400 ml) cans coconut milk (or 4 c Coconut Milk)
- 1 (398 ml) can sweetened condensed milk (398mL=14oz.)
- 1 cup white sugar (about less than 3/4 c will do fine,but if you want it sweeter use the 1 c)
- 1 cup fresh milk or 1 cup water
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup drained corn kernel (optional)
- flaked coconut or dessicated coconut flakes, toasted
- In a large sauce pan, bring the coconut milk to a soft boil over medium heat.
- When the coconut milk is starting to boil, add the condensed milk and sugar. Stir the mixture until it is well blended. Let it simmer for about 8-10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix the fresh milk and cornstarch together. Stir until the milk and cornstarch are well blended.
- After 8-10 minutes of simmering,slowly add the cornstarch mixture to the coconut milk mixture while continuously stirring the mixture.
- When it is well blended,add the corn kernels, if desired.
- Continue to stir the mixture over medium heat until you reach your desired consistency.
- Pour in to an aluminum tray or any container of your choice. Greasing the container slightly with butter is optional.
- Top it with coconut flakes.
- Let it cool for at least an hour before slicing.