Recipe by Tisme
My mother gave me a superb Italian cookbook many, many years ago. It has a great savoury butter recipe. I have given variations for the different butters. Slices of butter can be used to garnish steaks, chops, chicken, fish or vegetables and I have also used it in sandwiches and canapes. And best of all it can be frozen!
Top Review by I'mPat
I made a half recipe and used the garlic butter alternative and then used the mix to make a herbal/garlic bread which we had with spaghetti and meatballs and salad and was enjoyed by all, thank you Tisme made for Make My Recipe tag game.
- 100 g butter, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream the butter and mix it with the parsley, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Roll the butter in a cylinder or tube shape, wrap in foil and chill on the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- When ready, cut into slices to serve.
- ANCHOVY BUTTER~ Flavour the butter with 40gr of drained and finely chopped anchovy fillets.
- GARLIC BUTTER~ Flavour the butter with 3 crushed garlic cloves,
- GORGONZOLA BUTTER~ Mix the butter with 60gr Gorgonzola cheese.
- MUSTARD BUTTER ~ Mix the butter with 1 tablespoon of mustard. (your flavour/strength to taste).
- PRAWN BUTTER~ Mince or grind 40g of cooked, peeled prawns. Mix with the butter.
- SMOKED SALMON BUTTER~ Mince or grind 25gr of smoked salmon, and mix with the butter.
- TUNA BUTTER~ Mince or grind 50gr of drained canned tuna in brine or oil with the butter.