1/5 Photos of Maitre D'hotel Butter
1 hr 10 mins
My mother gave me a superb Italian cookbook many, many years ago. It has a great savoury butter recipe. I have given variations for the different butters. Slices of butter can be used to garnish steaks, chops, chicken, fish or vegetables and I have also used it in sandwiches and canapes. And best of all it can be frozen!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream the butter and mix it with the parsley, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- 2Roll the butter in a cylinder or tube shape, wrap in foil and chill on the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- 3When ready, cut into slices to serve.
- 5ANCHOVY BUTTER~ Flavour the butter with 40gr of drained and finely chopped anchovy fillets.
- 6GARLIC BUTTER~ Flavour the butter with 3 crushed garlic cloves,
- 7GORGONZOLA BUTTER~ Mix the butter with 60gr Gorgonzola cheese.
- 8MUSTARD BUTTER ~ Mix the butter with 1 tablespoon of mustard. (your flavour/strength to taste).
- 9PRAWN BUTTER~ Mince or grind 40g of cooked, peeled prawns. Mix with the butter.
- 10SMOKED SALMON BUTTER~ Mince or grind 25gr of smoked salmon, and mix with the butter.
- 11TUNA BUTTER~ Mince or grind 50gr of drained canned tuna in brine or oil with the butter.
Browse Our Top Garnishes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maitre D'hotel Butter
Serving Size: 1 (106 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 89.3
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 26.7 mg
- Sodium 88.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.1 g