Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
My version of this favorite Filipino summer dessert!
- 3 -4 tablespoons sweet whole kernel corn (to taste)
- 3 -4 tablespoons cream-style corn (to taste)
- 1 scoop vanilla ice cream
- 3⁄4 cup crushed ice
- 1⁄2 cup milk (to taste)
- Place whole kernels sweet corn and cream-style corn in a glass.
- Add crushed ice.
- Pour milk into the glass.
- Top with a small scoop of your favorite vanilla ice cream.
- Mix all ingredients with a spoon.
- Suggestions: You can use 2% or skim milk.
This was hard to rate since this is a new dessert for me & I have nothing first-hand to compare it with. After doing some internet research I likened this recipe to a version of Halo-Halo dessert. Unfortunately, I think that maybe this recipe is not the best or has a mistake in it. The milk was way, way too much. It was like drinking milk with some shaved ice & corn kernels floating in it. I totally lost the creamed corn & vanilla ice cream flavors & textures to the milk ice. I don't think even a little bit of milk would have appropriately saved this though. I also read that the milk ingredient in halo-halo is actually usually sweetened condensed milk or evaporated milk, which I think would make a big big difference! Sorry, but I will not be making this recipe again. Thanks for sharing though and introducing me to a new dessert concept that I can experiment with. I will try a commercial made version of halo-halo for more experience with this type of dessert next. [Made & Reviewed for Unrated Asian Recipe Tag]