Recipe by djunqx
This potato salad seems lighter than the American version in my opinion, and is great eaten chilled on a hot day. Use the olives of your choice, but kalamata would be too strong. You can substitute many vegetables with frozen defrosted ones to save time. Where I said "1/3 cup" I mean a handful, but recipezaar did not like that, so 1/3 cup it is.
- 4 -5 large potatoes, peeled
- 2 carrots
- 1⁄3 cup green beans
- 1 cup peas
- 10 olives, diced
- 1⁄3 cup hearts of palm, chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) jar mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1 dash olive oil
- 1 pinch chopped parsley (optional)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse the potatoes, cube, boil until tender but not mushy.
- Peel and dice the carrots, cook until tender.
- Chop the green beans (I use frozen, defrosted, precooked ones) to size preferred. Place in bowl with cooked carrots, add defrosted peas and diced palm hearts(You can get them at specialty stores, and Trader Joes and Cost Plus often carry them) and olives.
- To the bowl, now add your potatoes, oil, onion, salt, pepper, and parsley. Slowly fold in the mayonnaise, you may not need all of it as it is to taste.
- The salad does not taste incredible right after mixing, you will need to let it set in the fridge, covered, until cool, or even overnight.