Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is an easy macaroni salad. I found it in an old home economics notebook. I also add small cubes of cheese.
- 8 ounces salad macaroni
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can olives, chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 3 hard-boiled eggs
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; rinse.
- Combine next 5 ingredients, reserving some egg slices for garnish.
- Add mayonnaise, vinegar, salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with egg slices and paprika.
- Let stand several hours before serving.
I added red bell peppers because I don't care for green. It made a nice color contrast. Also, tossed in a hint of chopped pickled jalapenos. Wonderful stuff, Marcie H.
My mother made salad like this. She added diced red and yellow bell peppers along with the green to add more color. She used black olives, but I've also used spanish olives on occasion. I was going to add my recipe, but your's is so similar that I just thought I'd comment on it. I love making this on summer days to go with hamburgers and hotdogs.