Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. Needhams are a traditional Maine candy consisting of chocolate-coated potato and coconut filling. My mom usually makes them at Christmas, but it takes her a lot longer to make hers than it does to make these!
- 680.38 g Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
- 396.89 g sweetened flaked coconut
- 946.36 ml confectioners' sugar
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 453.59 g chocolate (Loghouse CandyQuik or other melted chocolate)
- Combine first four ingredients in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook until sugar melts and refrigerate or freeze until solid.
- Cut into small squares or roll into balls.
- Melt chocolate according to package directions.
- Coat filling with chocolate and allow to cool/harden on a sheet of wax paper.