1/1 Photo of Maine "Cheathams" #5FIX
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. Needhams are a traditional Maine candy consisting of chocolate-coated potato and coconut filling. My mom usually makes them at Christmas, but it takes her a lot longer to make hers than it does to make these!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine first four ingredients in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- 2Cook until sugar melts and refrigerate or freeze until solid.
- 3Cut into small squares or roll into balls.
- 4Melt chocolate according to package directions.
- 5Coat filling with chocolate and allow to cool/harden on a sheet of wax paper.
You Might Also Like...View All Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maine "Cheathams" #5FIX
Serving Size: 1 (22 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 60
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 102.3
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 19.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 10.7 g
- Protein 1.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes