Recipe by out of here
My grandson loves potatoes any way you can fix them. I found this neat recipe in the library. I copied the recipe and do not remember the cookbook name. Very delicous!
- 1⁄2 cup leftover mashed potatoes, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, seperated
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup whole milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 250°F.
- Place the potatoes in a large bowl. Whisk in the sour cream, butter, egg yolks, sugar, and baking powder. Slowly whisk in the milk in two parts, alternating with two parts flour.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff; fold into the waffle batter.
- Heat a lightly greased waffle iron. Pour about 1/2 cup batter into the iron and bake until the waffle is crisp.
- Transfer to a wire rack-lined baking sheet and place in the oven while baking the other waffles.