Recipe by L. Duch
Very simple. I found these while on vacation in Maine and couldn't get enough of them. Lobster is cheap up there and we ate them every chance we had. In other parts of the country, lobster isn't that cheap, but if you like 'real lobster' and not the imitation stuff, this is a nice (and easy) treat. The cook time is approximate. It depends on how big the lobster is. Just cook it until it's red in color.
Top Review by mama smurf
Made these for our lunch and yummy! I did add a little minced onion with the celery and used lemon pepper for the plain pepper. Definately will make again. Thank you. Made for Zaar Cookbook tag game.
- 4 top sliced hot dog buns
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups coarsely chopped lobsters (form about 3 1-1/4 lb lobsters, cool but not cold)
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise, mixed with
- 2 tablespoons minced celery
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- spread softened butter on outsides of buns and heat on griddle or heavy skillet over mod/high heat until toasted.
- Divide lobster meat among buns and put a dollop of mayonnaise mixture on top.
- NOTE: Top slice hot dog buns are buns that have had the sides sliced off.
- If you can't find these in the supper market then you can make your own using Texas toast and toasting one side.
- I've only found those kind of buns in Maine when we were on vacation.