Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
Another of my New England family recipes. If you love a lobster roll, but can never quite get the flavor right, here you are.
- 1 (2 lb) maine lobsters
- 1⁄2 medium cucumbers, peeled seeded and finely chopped (optional) or 1 stalk celery, finely diced (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise (don't use sandwich spread)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh tarragon
- 2 small scallions, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 dash kosher salt or 1 dash sea salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 new england style hot dog buns
- 2 -3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Boil lobsters and cool. Remove meat and cube or tear up to 1/2 " size.
- clean and drain cucumber or celery and add to lobster meat along with mayonnaise and tarragon and mix well.
- Add scallions and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- chill for 2 hours.
- butter hot dug buns and toast in pan or broiler. Stuff with chilled salad and serve.