Recipe by Mimi in Maine
If you want an authentic Maine Lobster Roll, all you will have in it is lobster and a just a tad of mayonnaise. Nothing else. Other things may be good and have them if you like, but a Maine one is maine-ly lobster. You may put it on any roll you like, but I generally use a hotdog type roll with the slit on top. A homemade hotdog roll would be wonderful. I always have the pieces pretty good sized so you can see the claw and pieces of the tail. Yummy!!!
Top Review by meggey1979
THANK YOU times a million for posting this. We went to Maine this past summer and fell in love with Lobster Rolls. Living in FL, we don't have true Lobster Rolls available. Time after time,we are let down on recipes that try to over complicate things. Too much seasoning, filler and dear god - celery, which in my thought ruins the entire flavor (you want the flavor of the Lobster, not celery). We tried your simple recipe tonight and it was PERFECT. Exactly what we had in Maine. One of the local bakery's just started making New England Style hot dog buns in Florida (at Sweetbay). We've been on the hunt since August to fill our craving and your recipe did so tonight. Many thanks from Florida!!!
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the lobster for about 16-18 minutes.
- Pick apart and cut up in good-sized pieces.
- Put the mayonnaise on and mix.
- I usually put a little butter on the sides of the roll and place it on the griddle for a couple of minutes to brown it.
- Fill it and enjoy.
- NOTE: I figure one lobster per roll which would be about 3-5 ounces of meat; this should make a stuffed lobster roll.