Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Any kind of fish cakes speak of New England, and little cakes of lobster make you think of the Maine coast. These are very tasty. You can even put them between a hamburg roll and make a "lobtah" burger.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs lobsters
- 2 slices bread (no crust)
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 tablespoon butter (to fry in)
- Cook the lobsters and take out the meat; don't forget to take out the large vein in the tail.
- Make crumbs out of the bread.
- In a bowl put all the ingredients except for the butter.
- Mix well.
- Make cakes--trying not to pat them too firm--just so they hold their shape.
- Melt the butter in a fry pan and put the cakes inches.
- Fry slowly till golden.