Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This was on a local television station. Maine Gold is a brand named maple syrup. Any REAL maple syrup can be used for this recipe.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons real maple syrup
- Cut the chicken into bite size pieces. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil and saute the chicken pieces until lightly browned.
- Turn the heat off under the pan. Add all the lemon juice, dredging the chicken in the juice for at least two minutes. Drain the juice from the chicken.
- Add and stir in all the maple syrup.
- Turn the heat back on to medium high, stirring continuously as syrup begins to bubble and caramelize over the chicken. This takes about 4 minutes.
- Serve with white rice and steamed carrots.
Very unique, VERY GOOD. Thanks for the inventive new twist on chicken. The whole family loved this, and that is a feat in itself. Thanks.
I'm so glad that you shared this delicious recipe. The chicken was moist, tender, and so flavourful, glazed in caramelized maple syrup YUMMY! This was excellant. I will be making this often.