Recipe by echo echo
I especially like to use maple-flavored bacon in this. Maybe not good for you, but oh, so good.
- 1 lb sliced bacon
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 6 large unpeeled green apples, cored and sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bacon until crisp in a large skillet and remove to paper towels. Drain fat from skillet, but reserve 1/4 cup fat and return it to skillet.
- Mix together flour, sugar and spices; gently toss apple slices in mixture to coat.
- Fry apple slices in bacon fat, turning to cook both sides, until golden brown and tender.
- Serve with bacon slices.