Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This hearty corn chowder tastes best if you let flavors ripen overnight in the fridge.
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cups diced raw potatoes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup water
- 1 (14 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 quart 2% low-fat milk
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- oyster crackers
- In stock pot, fry bacon until crisp; remove and drain on paper towels.
- Add onion to bacon fat in stock pot; sauté until softened.
- Add potatoes, salt, pepper, and water; bring to steaming point.
- Lower heat and cook until potato is tender (about 15 minutes).
- Add creamed corn and frozen corn. Pour in milk and evaporated milk. Add butter and reheat slowly. Check seasoning; add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Stir in crumbled reserved bacon.
- Serve with oyster crackers.