Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This hearty corn chowder tastes best if you let flavors ripen overnight in the fridge.
Make and share this Maine Corn Chowder recipe from Food.com.
- In stock pot, fry bacon until crisp; remove and drain on paper towels.
- Add onion to bacon fat in stock pot; sauté until softened.
- Add potatoes, salt, pepper, and water; bring to steaming point.
- Lower heat and cook until potato is tender (about 15 minutes).
- Add creamed corn and frozen corn. Pour in milk and evaporated milk. Add butter and reheat slowly. Check seasoning; add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Stir in crumbled reserved bacon.
- Serve with oyster crackers.