This recipe takes the cake!! I love it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Best with fresh blueberries, but frozen will do too. Always coat the blueberries in flour before adding them to the mixture. I don't know why, but my mother taught me that.
- cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup softened butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat over to 350°.
- Coat a Bundt pan with cooking spray.
- Dust the Pan with 2 Tbsp of granulated sugar.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking Soda and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together sugar, butter and lemon zest until fully incorporated.
- Add eggs, one at a time and beat into mixture after each egg.
- -Add vanilla and sour cream and stir.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until fully combined.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Spoon batter into bundt pan and bake at 350° for 1 hour.
- Cool in pan 15 minutes before removing and then remove cake from pan and cool completely.
- Glaze: In a small bowl, mix powdered sugar and lemon juice.
- Drizzle over cooled cake.
The reason you coat the blueberries in flour is that they don't sink to the botton when the cake is baking. You will have blueberries in every bite. I have made this cake and it is absolutely delish!! THANKS!!
I made a half sized recipe and used 1/2 a cup of Splenda instead of the 7/8 cup of sugar ask for. I think that would have been ok except I got side tracked and left the cake in the pan too long and it got too heavy on the bottom. I'm NOT holding the recipe responsible in any way and the flavor is delicious. The texture at the top of the loaf is almost like an Angelfood it so light and fluffy. I skipped the glaze to save on sugar. I'll surely make this again and not leave it in the pan to sweat and compact at at the bottom.