Recipe by Maine-iac
A local favorite and a meal in itself! Wonderful in the cold months!
Top Review by children from A to Z
This was delicious! The only change I made was I cooked the meat in the dutch oven then removed from pan and followed the rest of the recipe. I don't care for cooking meat in the microwave. I also used cooking sherry instead of red wine, that's all I had on hand. This makes a lot. I still have enough leftover for 2 more meals for a family of 5. Thanks for a great recipe, will be making this often!
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 4-5 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 large green pepper
- 2 stalk celery, diced
- 3 medium fresh carrots, diced
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 5 can beef broth
- 2 can chopped tomatoes
- 236.59 ml red wine
- 2 can red kidney beans (or your favorite)
- 453.59 g bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 4.92 ml oregano
- 14.79 ml Worcestershire sauce
- salt & pepper
- 354.88 ml elbow macaroni
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot, sauté garlic and veggies in olive oil until tender.
- Microwave ground beef, drain, and add to veggies.
- Add beef broth, tomatoes, wine, beans, and frozen veggies.
- Add oregano, Worcestershire sauce, and salt& pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer 1 hour.
- Return to a boil, add macaroni, and cook until noodles are tender.
- Serve with warm, crusty bread.