Prep 48 hrs
Cook 15 mins
This looks good, but I haven't tried yet.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon kirsch liqueur
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 lemon, zest, grated
- Beat butter and sugar till fluffy.
- Beat in lemon rind.
- Beat in kirsch.
- Beat in salt.
- Beat in 2 eggs, one at time.
- Stir in flour till no longer sticky--may need more flour.
- Knead gently--don't over handle or dough will get tough.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Grease cookie sheet next day.
- Roll dough out to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Cut out with small cookie cutters.
- Leave 1 inch between cookies.
- Beat together egg and water; brush on cookies.
- Bake 15 minutes in 350°F oven or until golden.
Another fantastic recipe from my ZWT6 co-Unruly! You're my new cookie queen :) I made them gluten free with gluten free flour mix and used 3 cups of the flour mix. Boy did the dough already taste good! So lemony - and the smell while baking - to die for. I made them a bit too big I guess, got 54 cookies which were perfectly done after 15 minutes. Thanks for posting another keeper! Made for ZWT& for the Unrulies Under The Influence.