Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is posted for ZWT6. It is from an old international recipe book submitted by Home Ec Teachers all over the US.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups raspberry jam
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped
- whipped cream
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and beat until light.
- Add sifted flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Form small balls between hands and put into small cupcake pans or muffin pans.
- Make a deep hole in center by pushing up around edges.
- Mix jam and nuts together; fill tarts.
- Bake at 375°F for about 12 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Top with whipped cream when serving.
These little tarts are big on flavor. What an awesome treat Lynn. The shell is similiar to a shortbread cookie filled with a tasty raspberry jam and almond filling. Topped with whipped cream, I ask you could anything be better. Thank you so much for sharing this winner. It was quick and easy to make and tastes great. I will be enjoying these again, I can't wait to try them with apricot jam.