Recipe by Maya's Mama
A classic greek dish which is oh so easy to make and is full of flavour and color. A fun "share" dish, served with pita chips or crackers.
- 1 slice stale bread (thick cut white bread, crust removed.)
- 1 medium onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 small hot pepper (finely chopped)
- 2 cups flat leaf parsley, stems trimmed
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- olive, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak bread in about 1/4 cup of water for about 5 minute.
- Squeeze the soaked bread to remove excess water. Discard any hard parts.
- place half the bread in a food processor with the onion, garllic, chili pepper, and half the parsley.
- Process until everything is reduced to a paste.
- Add the remaining parsley and bread to the blender along with the egg yolk, lemon juice, and half the olive oil.
- Blend again.
- alternate adding and blending the remaining oil and vinegar to give a creamy emulsified consistency.
- taste, and adjust seasoning if needed.
- garnish with olives. and enjoy on pita chips.