1/2 Photos of Maidanosalata (Greek Parsley Spread)
Maya's Mama's Note:
A classic greek dish which is oh so easy to make and is full of flavour and color. A fun "share" dish, served with pita chips or crackers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak bread in about 1/4 cup of water for about 5 minute.
- 2Squeeze the soaked bread to remove excess water. Discard any hard parts.
- 3place half the bread in a food processor with the onion, garllic, chili pepper, and half the parsley.
- 4Process until everything is reduced to a paste.
- 5Add the remaining parsley and bread to the blender along with the egg yolk, lemon juice, and half the olive oil.
- 6Blend again.
- 7alternate adding and blending the remaining oil and vinegar to give a creamy emulsified consistency.
- 8taste, and adjust seasoning if needed.
- 9garnish with olives. and enjoy on pita chips.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maidanosalata (Greek Parsley Spread)
Serving Size: 1 (74 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 219.1
- Calories from Fat 175
- Total Fat 19.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 41.5 mg
- Sodium 53.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 2.5 g