Chef #569420's Note:
This is the BEST zucchini bread I've ever made/eaten in my life! It stays delicious for several days too so it is a really great gift idea. You can also add in chocolate chips and/or nuts for extra goodness.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Butter a 10 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan or any other bread loaf pan that has a 10 cup capacity.
- 3Dust the pan with flour or fine dry bread crumbs and tap to shake out excess crumbs over paper.
- 4Sift together flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon and set aside.
- 5Wash zucchini well under running water, and cut off both ends.
- 6Grate the zucchini. Do not drain. Press it firmly into a measuring cup. Set aside.
- 7In a large bowl, beat the eggs just to mix. Mix in the sugar oil ans vanilla.
- 8Add the sifted dry ingredients and stir to mix. It will be thick.
- 9Add the zucchini and mix thoroughly.
- 10If using, stir in nuts and chocolate chips.
- 11Turn into the prepared pan, smooth the top and bake.
- 12If one large pan, loaf will bake for about 1 hours and 45 minutes. If using smaller loaf pans, it will take slightly less time. Either way, bake until a cake tester comes out clean and dry.
- 13Cool in pan for 15 minutes, then cover with a rack, turn over the rack and cake pan, remove the pan and turn over again, leaving the cake right side up.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maida Heatter's Zucchini Loaf
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 361.2
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 30.2 mg
- Sodium 285.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 29.0 g
- Protein 3.9 g