2 hrs 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
I adore Maida Heatter's recipes -- I've never found a bad one yet. This is another superb one, perfect for early autumn enjoyment.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon clove
- 2 eggs, graded large
- 2 cups light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup oil (any tasteless vegetable oil)
- 2 cups canned pumpkin puree
- 8 ounces pitted dates, cut in large-ish chunks
- 1 cup walnuts, broken into pieces
- 1Butter a 10"x5" loaf pan and spritz with baking spray. Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Sift together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and cloves. Set aside.
- 3In large bowl, beat eggs just to mix. Add sugar and oil and beat lightly just to mix.
- 4Mix in the pumpkin puree and dates.
- 5Add sifted dry ingredients, and mix only until they are smoothly incorporated.
- 6Stir in the walnuts.
- 7Turn into prepared pan and smooth top. Bake 1-1/2 hours. (If you use two smaller pans, bake 65-70 minutes.).
- 8Cool in pan for 15 minutes. Invert pan and let cake stand until cool. Cake is best if prepared the day before serving.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maida Heatter's Pumpkin Loaf
Serving Size: 1 (113 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 343.1
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 26.4 mg
- Sodium 324.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 36.7 g
- Protein 4.6 g