1/4 Photos of Maid-Rite Sandwiches
This is a very TASTY, JUICY, LOOSE MEAT sandwich filling. In reading thru this recipe you will notice the use of both fresh and dried onion.....please use the onion type specified in the recipe step you are on for maximum flavor. Although traditionally served on hamburger buns, this filling can be messy for young children trying to keep filling in. Try using hotdog rolls for the youngsters. Mustard & Onions are the seasonings of choice for this recipe. Added 11/12/2008 Maid Rite sandwiches are made across the country. One would think as a franchise all would be made and served the same way. This is not the case.... we have Maid Rites being served that are boiled or steamed, with water, chicken broth, beef broth, coke, or beer. There are those that add vinegar or sugar to the mix. Some top with mustard, onions, ketsup, and pickles......well, move over McDonalds! This is the way I made my Maid Rite sandwiches....faux or real....the name stands. As they say,,,variety is the spice of life. You can make changes to suite your tastes, share your changes here with me, I will try them all...unless we have some bazarre ingredients. Chocolate syrup will not intice me no matter how much I love chocolate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak the dried onions in the water.
- 2Crumble ground beef into a hot skillet and cook over medium high heat.
- 3When the soaked onions have begun to soften and expand, add it and any remaining water (if any) to the beef.
- 4Stir frequently as the meat browns, using a wooden spoon to break the meat into small crumbles.
- 5When the meat has browned, add the chicken broth, salt and pepper.
- 6Cook until liquid is ALMOST gone, about 10 minutes.
- 7Serve meat on buns with mustard and fresh chopped onions.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maid-Rite Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (191 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 264.6
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 49.1 mg
- Sodium 636.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 20.4 g