Recipe by Shar-on
This is a recipe we used at home many years ago.The recipe was in an old recipe book complied by the makers of Five Roses Flour (1938, Lake of the Woods Milling Co.) I always enjoyed them.
- 15 unbaked tart shells
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- jam (optional) or jelly (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare pastry and line the tart shells.
- Mix the beaten egg, sugar and butter together until creamy.
- Add vanilla and walnuts.
- If desired, a little jam or jelly may be placed in each tart shell before adding the nut mixture.
- Place a spoonful of nut mixture into each tart shell.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit until filling is delicately browned, approximately 10 to 15 minutes.