Prep 30 mins
Cook 55 mins
Delicious and easy recipe for chicken enchiladas!
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 (10 count) package corn tortillas
- 1 (28 ounce) can green enchilada sauce (verde)
- 2 (7 ounce) cans tomatillo salsa
- 1 (3 ounce) cansliced black olives
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded cheese (cheddar or jack)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro (optional)
- In a pot, add water chicken thighs, garlic powder, onion powder and seasoning salt.
- Simmer until chicken thighs are cooked and fork tender.
- Remove chicken thighs from liquid and using 2 forks shred the chicken meat.
- Mix shredded chicken, 1 can of salsa and 1 cup of cheese.
- Grease a baking dish, line 5 tortillas on the bottom then layer the other ingredients; chicken mixture, olives, roughly 1/2 of the enchilada sauce and cheese.
- Repeat layering twice (or until you use up all your ingredients).
- You want your last layers to be sauce and cheese so you get a nice bubbly top on the dish.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 45- 55 min or until cheese is bubbly and the entire dish is warmed through.
- Serve with fresh chopped cilantro (optional) and sour cream.
I actually used cottage cheese instead of sour cream because I forgot to buy it - worked great! And overall great flavoring to this recipe.
We both LOVED this... we subbed chicken breasts... so so so very good! Thank you for sharing!