Recipe by teresas
This is a great recipe for your summer time backyard barbecue. Cooking time does not include marinating.
Top Review by NorthwestGal
This was delicious! Like another reviewer, I couldn't find Adolph's meat marinade, so I used the closest substitute I could find which was Grill Mates Meat Marinade. I have no idea if they're exactly the same, but the Grill Mates sure was good. The pineapple juice made the beef quite tender and it was really tasty, too. Thanks, TeresaS.
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs flank steaks
- 1 (1 ounce) packageinstant meat marinade, Adolph's
- 2⁄3 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons dark rum or 2 tablespoons light rum
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- Pierce all surfaces of meat.
- Mix together all ingredients except the Flank Steak.
- Pour mixture over steak and marinade 3-4 hours turning occasionally.
- Barbecue on HIGH heat 3-4 minutes per side to "doneness" desired. (I like to cook my meat longer).
- Slice in one inch strips across grain to serve.