Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a great recipe for your summer time backyard barbecue. Cooking time does not include marinating.
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs flank steaks
- 1 (1 ounce) packageinstant meat marinade, Adolph's
- 2⁄3 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons dark rum or 2 tablespoons light rum
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pierce all surfaces of meat.
- Mix together all ingredients except the Flank Steak.
- Pour mixture over steak and marinade 3-4 hours turning occasionally.
- Barbecue on HIGH heat 3-4 minutes per side to "doneness" desired. (I like to cook my meat longer).
- Slice in one inch strips across grain to serve.
This was delicious! Like another reviewer, I couldn't find Adolph's meat marinade, so I used the closest substitute I could find which was Grill Mates Meat Marinade. I have no idea if they're exactly the same, but the Grill Mates sure was good. The pineapple juice made the beef quite tender and it was really tasty, too. Thanks, TeresaS.
Though I made one adjustment to this, and having all the ingredients for this I made this as posted except I reserved a little of the marinade and while grilling, I brushed the remaining marinade on the steaks, on both sides. Marinated these for about 8 hours. We enjoyed them. Made for 1-2-3 hits..
I am not going to give this a rating, as my store didn't have the adolph's marinade. I decided to use the suggestion of loof and added an oz. of soy and 1 tsp of adolph's meat tenderizer powder in its place. I then followed the recipe as written. Our flank steak was tender, but totally tasted like the dark rum. Not sure how it should taste with the package of marinade, it might mellow out the rum flavor, or possibly my dark rum is too old?? Made for 123 tag. Thanks for posting Teresa and sorry I couldn't find the right ingredient to taste it as it should be made!!!!